Sponsor your Parents or Grandparents

Author: Mock Webware |

You can sponsor your parents and grandparents to live in Canada as long as they are related to you by blood or adoption and if you have been invited to apply.

Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate you have enough money to support the family members you are sponsoring, providing proof of income. You may have a spouse or common-law partner co-sign to combine your incomes.

If you are outside of Quebec, you are required to provide financial support for your sponsored family members for 20 years, starting when they become a Permanent Resident.

In Quebec, if you meet their immigration sponsorship requirements, the Ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income. If approved, you will receive information on what to do next.

The length of the undertaking is 10 years for Quebec residents.