Sponsor your Relatives
If you meet the requirement, you can sponsor your orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if they meet all of the following criterias:
- They are related to you by blood or adoption;
- Both their mother and father passed away;
- They are under 18 years of age;
- They are not married or in a common-law relationship.
You will NOT be able to sponsor those relatives IF:
- No one knows who their parents are;
- Their parents abandoned them;
- Someone else other than their parents is taking care of them while one or both of their parents are alive;
- Their parents are in jail or otherwise detained.