Work While Studying


You are allowed to work in Canada while studying only if you:

  • Hold a valid Study Permit; and
  • Are studying full-time in a post-secondary program of at least 6 months of duration of designated learning institution (DLI).

If you meet these requirements, you are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week while you have ongoing classes, and up to 40 hours per week during official school scheduled breaks.

Some study programs include a mandatory internship portion called Co-Op and you can request a Co-Op Work Permit at the same time you submit your Study Permit Application.

In this period, the students will be able to put what they learned into practice with supervised full-time work experience, usually remunerated.

Whatever your goal is, Pathways Immigration is ready to help you from the beginning to the end of your pathway to Canada.

Contact us today to learn more about your options to Study in Canada.