Study Permit


The Study Permit is a document issued by the Canadian Government authorizing foreigners to study in Canada.

You must apply for a Study Permit if your program of studies in Canada is longer than 6 months or, if you are already in Canada, and you decide to extend your studies beyond 6 months.

A Study Permit is NOT a visa, meaning it does not allow you to enter Canada. Therefore, you will need a valid entry visa or an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Most of the cases, your visa will be issued if your Study Permit is approved outside Canada.

To submit an application for a Study Permit, you first must have been accepted by a Canadian institution and received a Letter of Acceptance.

Once you have that, you need to gather a list of documents requested by the Canadian Government to submit your application. Some of these documents include, but are not limited to:

  • A valid passport
  • Proof of Funds
  • A letter of intent
  • A custodian declaration (for minors)

Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants are beyond qualified to help you submit your Study Permit Application. Contact us today!