Post Graduation Work Permit


The Post Graduation Work Permit Program allows students who have graduated from eligible Canadian designated learning institutions (DLIs) to obtain an Open Work Permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience.

It is important to point out that Skilled Canadian work experience in Training, Education, Experience, and Responsibilities (TEER) categories 0, 1, 2, or 3 gained with a PGWP helps graduates qualify for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class within the Express Entry.

To be eligible to apply for a PGWP, the students must meet the following requirements:

  • To have graduated from a PGWP-eligible designated learning institution (DLI);
  • To have completed a study program that was at least 8 months long;
  • To have accomplished a degree, diploma, or certificate;
  • maintained a full time status as a student in Canada during each semester of your program; and more.

On the other hand, an international student is NOT eligible for a PGWP if:

  • Have a Study Permit that expired more than 180 days prior to application;
  • Have already received a PGWP;
  • Studied English or French as a second language; and more.

Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants can help you ensure you are eligible and prepare your application for a Post Graduation Work Permit.

We will help you gather the right documents and guide you through all the process, from start to finish. Contact us today!