Family Sponsorship


If you are at least 18 years old, a Permanent Resident currently living in Canada, or a Citizen of Canada, you may be eligible to bring your family to live in Canada.

One of the eligibility requirements to sponsor your family members is that you should not be a recipient of any social assistance, except for disability.

To become a sponsor, you must "promise" to financially take care of the person you are sponsoring, for a period of time. This is called an undertaking and it includes:

  • Providing basic needs and financial support for your sponsored family members;
  • Repaying any provincial social assistance your sponsored family member gets during the duration of the undertaking.

It is important to point out that the person you are sponsoring must also be eligible to come to Canada, pass medical exams, present police clearance documents, and collect biometrics.

To make sure you are eligible to sponsor a family member and to make sure their application is processed smoothly, count on our exceptional team of Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants to assist yours and your loved ones Pathways to Canada.
Book a consultation today!

  • Sponsor your Spouse, Common-Law, or Conjugal Partner
  • Sponsor your Dependent Children
  • Sponsor your Parents or Grandparents
  • Sponsor your Relatives

Regardless of gender, you can sponsor your partner as long as both of you are at least 18 years old and legally married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship.

One of the requirements to apply is to prove that your relationship is genuine. Additionally, you must provide documents and information from both of you, and any dependent children, if any.

An organized application increases the chances of success and our remarkable Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants are ready to assist you.

For a child to be considered a dependent family member, they must be under 22 years old and not be legally married or in a common-law relationship.

It is important to point out that if your child is 22 or older, they can still be considered a dependent family member if they are unable to financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition; or they have depended on you for financial support since before the age of 22.

They must continue to meet these requirements, apart from age, until the end of your application period.

You can sponsor your parents and grandparents to live in Canada as long as they are related to you by blood or adoption and if you have been invited to apply.

Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate you have enough money to support the family members you are sponsoring, providing proof of income. You may have a spouse or common-law partner co-sign to combine your incomes.

If you are outside of Quebec, you are required to provide financial support for your sponsored family members for 20 years, starting when they become a Permanent Resident.

In Quebec, if you meet their immigration sponsorship requirements, the Ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income. If approved, you will receive information on what to do next.

The length of the undertaking is 10 years for Quebec residents.

If you meet the requirement, you can sponsor your orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if they meet all of the following criterias:

  • They are related to you by blood or adoption;
  • Both their mother and father passed away;
  • They are under 18 years of age;
  • They are not married or in a common-law relationship.

You will NOT be able to sponsor those relatives IF:

  • No one knows who their parents are;
  • Their parents abandoned them;
  • Someone else other than their parents is taking care of them while one or both of their parents are alive;
  • Their parents are in jail or otherwise detained.